Working Holiday Visas

Travelling to Australia?

The Australian working holiday visa is for people aged between 18 and 30 years of age, who are interested in seeking work whilst on holiday in Australia for up to 12 months. The working holiday visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through periods of employment.

Important: Applicants must have turned 18 but not 31 years of age at the time of application.

Call us now on 01270 250 590

You may apply for the Australian working holiday visa if you hold a passport for one the the eligible countries participating in the Australia working holiday scheme:

- United Kingdom
- Canada
- Netherlands
- Republic of Ireland
- Sweden
- Denmark
- Norway
- Finland
- Japan
- Italy
- France
- Malta
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Taiwan
- Germany
- Belgium
- Estonia
What does the WHM Visa let me do?

- Stay for up to 12 months in Australia
- Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times whilst the visa is valid
- Work in Australia for up to 6 months with any one employer
- Study or train for up to 4 months

Australia Working Holiday Visa FAQ

Do I have to show proof of funds?
Yes. You should have sufficient funds of AUS$5000 for your initial stay in Australia and to cover the cost of an onward/return airfare.

Can I apply for a working holiday visa whilst in Australia?
No. You do have to be outside Australia when you apply and can only enter once it has been granted.

How long does it take for the visa to be granted?
In most cases a WHM can be issued within 48 hours, unless you have health/caracter requirements.

How do I know if I have got a working holiday visa?
You obtain your visa label once you arrive in Australia, but a visa confirmation letter will be sent to you via email.

How long can I stay in Australia on a working holiday visa?
A WHM visa allows for a stay in Australia of up to 12 months. From the date your visa is granted you have 12 months to enter. Your visa will run from the first date of entry.

Can I leave and then re-enter on my working holiday visa?
Yes. The WHM visa is a multiple entry visa, though your visa will run concurrently and time spent outside of Australia can not be reclaimed.

How long can I work in Australia?
You can work in Australia for the full 12 months though, you many only work for one employer for a maximum of 6 months.

Do I require Travel Insurance?
Yes you will require travel insurance. The Travel Visa Company strongly recommend you purchase specific backpacker travel insurance if that is your main purpose of travel.

I have obtained an Australian Working Holiday Visa previously, can I apply again?
If you did not enter Australia on your previous working holiday visa you can re-apply so long as you still meet the requirements. If you have entered Australia on your previous WHM then you can apply for a second working holiday visa if you have completed a minimum of 90 days harvest work in rural Australia within the validity of your first working holiday visa. Otherwise, you are not able to obain another WHM.

Will I need a chest X-Ray?
A chest x-ray will be required if you have spent more than 3 months in the last 5 years or are a resident in a country considered to be of a health risk of tuberculosis. Additionally, if you are likely to enter an Australian hospital, health care or child care centre as either an employee or trainee.

I want to work as a nurse in a hospital environment, do I need a medical?
Yes, you will be required to undergo a medical and chest x-ray. All forms will be sent to you once we have lodged your Australian visa application.